“ Tango Argentino de Salón ”2nd. edition
The first volume of the "Encyclopaedia of the Milonguero" featuring Argentinean "Tango de Salón". This is a splendid compilation of concepts and figures in Argentinean "Tango de Salón", inherited directly from the creators of this style. This DVD is the ultimate reference for those Tango dancers who want to master "Tango de Salón".
What it is Our DVD N º 1 " Tango Argentino de Salón" is a course of Tango dance and there contains a whole of 68 (sixty eight) lessons. But it is not an ordinary course. It is the only accessible way of knowing the real foundations of the Argentine Tango of Salón from wherever you are.
What is the importance of this style? The style Argentine Tango of Salón is obligatory in the World Championship of Tango of Buenos Aires, and is indispensable for every lover of tango dance. It is not possible to dance the Argentine Tango without knowing these foundations.
Because the Tango dance is " posture, elegance and cadence" which are the most difficult concepts to apply in practice in the Milongas, together with the art of being able "to turn and walk the Tango".
It is easy to see who dominate this principles and who does not in the Milongas.
In 1939 the technique of "the turn" was created in the Tango dance and it was applied first to this dance style.
In this unique DVD you will find original concepts and figures, real invaluable treasures Because This DVD contains the original concepts, without alterations, of two of the biggest creators of the history of Tango dance. If we had not decided to publish this collection, all this knowledge would have got lost because their teachings always went oral and personal transmission, and sometimes, just to chosen pupils.
Who were they? The Teachers Carlos Estévez "Petróleo" and José Vázquez "Lampazo", recognized throughout the world as the maximum exponents of this dance style.
What did they do? In 1940 teacher Petróleo modified Tango dance and created the figures and concepts which compounds the Tango which is danced today. There did not exist another Teacher of so much importance. Lampazo was his direct and great continuing pupil.
What will I learn in this unique DVD? You will receive the teachings the author Carlos El Tordo received (direct disciple of Lampazo for almost 30 years). You will know and understand the concepts that were and are real laws to Tango dancers. If you dominate these important concepts, you will stand out among the real Tango dancers in any dance hall that you dance, without any doubt!.
Why is it called "DVD simple compilation"? Because we show the treasure of these creators in the shape of a Collection, with two demostrations of every figure (a general one and a different capture of feet), reducing the explanations only to the necessary. To go deep into technical details we´ll offer you other special works.
Are there any other DVDs with those characteristics and so many lessons? NO, absolutely. It is unique in its kind, genre and content, and the most competitive as regards price
Content DVD See playlist
The characteristics of "Tango de Salón" are "posture, elegance and compás (rhythm)".
A treasure passed on
This volume offers the first 68 figures, r concepts, that I received from Maestro Jose Vázquez "Lampazo" in respect to "Tango de Salón".
In the 1940s Maestro Carlos Estévez "Petróleo" changed the tango dance introducing modifications in the salida, new steps and concepts, such as "El Giro" (1939) created by his friend, milonguero " El Negro Lavandina".
Maestro Lampazo was Petróleo's student, in those same years, and also became an important authority in "Tango de Salón" in the following years up until his death.
I feel indebted to all my teachers, and, I believe, the best way to respect their memory is to convey their teachings as much as I can.
A unique compilation
Here we have made a simple compilation as a testimonial collection, conserving the names, although sometimes peculiar, which the masters gave to describe the figures. Of thisgroup of "mother figures" as they called them, we can produce numerous combinations, always respecting thespirit of this style, without creatingoverly elaborated figures or figures offantasia. There it is perhaps indeed its difficulty.
I believe that beginners as much asdancers of more experience will findideas here to develop their own dance since these figures are the initial creations of those totally "pure" maestros, without aggregations, alterations, nor adaptations to any personal style. On the contrary, we have tried to reflect them in the most impersonal form, as an"encyclopaedia".
The Tango de Salón style aims to interpret the more melodic musical productions particularly from the orchestras Carlos di Sarli and Osvaldo Fresedo (Recall the division in Tango between the "Fresediana" line and the "Decareana" line). In numerous conversations with Petróleo and also from my leanings from " Lampazo", I have concluded that Carlos di Sarli could be deemed the most appreciated orchestra in this sense. Greetings to all the people who took an interest in this DVD with our greatest respect and gratitude.
Back See playlist
- Cambio de frente recto largo
- Cambio de frente recto corto con pie izquierdo
- Cambio de frente recto corto con pie derecho
- Cambio de frente recto de ocho pasos
- Triple sacada con derecha con "rulo" y parada
- Triple sacada con "rulo" y voleo
- Giro simple izquierdo
- Parada simple con raya.
- "Caminada" con "lápiz" y doble rulo.
- Tres ochos cerrados
- "Caminada simple" desde quinta posición de la base
- Entrada a la "caminada simple" desde neutro (o posición cero)
- Tres ochos con contratiempo
- Colocación en quinta y cierre de base.
- Cierre "mal hecho" por apertura
- Cierre "mal hecho" por paso recto
- Cierre correcto final
- Salida de ocho pasos clásica
- Salida de ocho pasos en base cruzada
- "Caminada" en el Baile de Salón, "mal hecha" o en pies paralelos
- Versión "bien hecha" o cruzada
- "Mal hecha" vista lateral
- "Bien hecha", vista lateral
- Salida anterior a los años 40
- Dos ochos con sacada lateral en "caminada".
- Sacada en "caminada" posterior
- Cambio de pie en "caminada" recta
- Toque con voleo
- Giro doble izquierdo con cambio.
- Triple sacada izquierda
- Doble planeo con parada y adorno del hombre
- Doble planeo con parada sin adorno
- Entrada de punta de ida
- Figura en quinta a segunda derivada
- Contragiro en tercera
- El "Qué fino"
- Voleo simple en dos de la base
- Voleo en molinete
- Voleo en tercera doble
- Giro derecho simple
- Cambio de pie con raya
- Un amague simple
- Barrida simple
- Cambio con lápiz
- Caminada circular
- Comparativos: enrosque, detalle de pies
- Giro en general, disociado
- Giro directo, en bloque, o "incorrecto"
- Molinetede la mujer hacia la izquierda
- Cambio de pie en tercera
- "Caminada" recta desde neutro.
Remarcando aquí el balanceo previo para seleccionar el eje deseado
- Caminada de frente cambiando planos
- En retroceso
- Lápiz de frente
- "Rulo" grande de frente
- "Rulos" pequeños, de frente
- Enrosque, desde dos posiciones
- Giro en segunda, de la mujer
- Giro en segunda, vista general
- Giro en quinta
- Adorno de la mujer en ochos atrás
- Ochos simples hacia atrás
- Ochos simples hacia adelante
- Marca para ochos hacia atrás, torso
- Marca para ochos hacia adelante, torso.
- Ocho atrás con marca de parada, torso.
- Ocho atrás con parada
- Marca para giro con raya
- Base de ocho pasos, técnica femenina
- Comparación de voleos, "correcto", con la rodilla detrás de la otra
- Entrada de punta de vuelta
Back Content DVD